photo hometab_zps22ba163e.png  photo aboutmetab_zpsa153baa3.png  photo recipetab_zpsd85f1d24.png  photo graphicdesigntab_zps658f3ad4.png  photo shoptab_zpsa29363ca.png  photo contacttab_zpsa7c6035b.png

10.01.2012

Foodie PenPal Reveal!

October 1st - seriously where has the year gone!! Did y'all realize that Christmas is only 86 days away?? Wow - now that we are all nauseous 

I have been dying to tell y'all about my newest foodie find!! I came across Miss Lindsay {great name huh?!} from The Lean Green Bean and her wonderful monthly swap called Foodie PenPals.

The Lean Green Bean

It's super easy and really a great way to find yummy foods and new friends! Here are the rules:


1. On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.

2. You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal! 
{The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
}

3. You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)


4. Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month. 


I don't know which was more fun, putting my penpals box together or going through my own box. I seriously had to make myself stop because I could have sent a refrigerator box fun of goodies!

My goodie box was coming from Miss Ashley from Supremely Divine Life and with one look at her blog my stomach was growling and I couldn't wait to get my goodies in the mail. She sent me the sweetest email asking about my likes and dislikes and before I knew it we were chatting about our families!

Needless to say, I was NOT disappointed when my box arrived {from New Mexico}: mmmmmm!



{1.} Apparently New Mexico has pistachio farms and boy am I okay with that. Pistachios are my favorite nuts and I never even told her that. {That's how good of pen pals we are!} I will say these pistachios are some of the yummiest I have had!

{2.} If there is something I love more than salty foods, it's chocolate, so these pistachio chocolate clusters are freaking amazing. I may or may not have taken these home because there were only two and I did NOT want to share!

{3.} These suckers are To.Die.For! {Ashley if you are reading this, where can I get more of these??}
I don't even know what these are honestly lol They are some sort of peanut and the bag is completely in another language! {German I think} They have a crunchy outside coating that is cheesy and salty in a way that shouldn't be allowed! They lasted about 2 seconds at my office and then they were gone :( 
I NEED MORE!

{4}
Isn't this the cutest little jar you have ever seen? It is prickly pear cactus honey! {Anybody else immediately start humming the tune to the Bear Necessities?!} 
The hubs is the only one who has tried this so far and he really liked it. He says it's just sweet enough!

{5}
Pistachio coffee...who knew there even was such a thing! We don't actually have a traditional coffee maker so we haven't tried this yet, but it's on our list!

{6}
I haven't seen these since I was a kid! We used to put them in our mouth and pretend we were smoking a cigarette {it's better than puffing on a real cancer stick right?!} 
They are basically chocolate covered cookie sticks and I could eat the whole box in one sitting they are so good!

{7}
Last but certainly not least, Miss Ashley was sweet and thoughtful with this idea. She knew how much I love homemade stuff and chocolate so she sent me all the ingredients all measured out to make her favorite chocolate cookies! {She was afraid they would melt in the box if she made them} Sadly, I haven't had time to make them yet, but every time I walk by it on the counter my mouth waters!

So a big THANK YOU to Ashley for making me and my coworkers and my husband and my tummy super happy! 
- Lindsey Nicole

1 comment:

Darby Hawley said...

I love these swaps!!! but 86 days til Christmas?! I better get my boo-tay in gear! So great to finally meet you in person today!