photo hometab_zps22ba163e.png  photo aboutmetab_zpsa153baa3.png  photo recipetab_zpsd85f1d24.png  photo graphicdesigntab_zps658f3ad4.png  photo shoptab_zpsa29363ca.png  photo contacttab_zpsa7c6035b.png

8.01.2012

Why I am glad the {summer} Olympics only come around every 4 years

Don't get me wrong - I am just as American as the next gal and I love me some rockin' bodies Olympics, especially the summer ones.

{Maybe it has something to do with being from the South where sand and swimming are a given - but there is something about the summer Olympics that suck me in EVERY.TIME.}

I am, however, very greatful for the fact that they only come around every 4 years - seriously I couldn't handle Olypmics year around. {Neither could my body}

{1.} As I sit and watch the buns of steel, the rock hard abs, the thunder thighs {not the kind like I have either} and the protruding muscles I didn't even know exsisted - I tend to snack and snack and snack because let's face it, looking at the most athletic, perfect version of the human species is a tad depressing lol
{there is only men in this collage? hmm...wierd}
{Phelps' face is blocked out because we can agree that it's his least attractive quality - oops}

{2.} My schedule has been at a stand still, because I cannot do ANYTHING but watch the Olympics because it's on everywhere I go and if I don't stay caught up then I get behind! {My poor house is so dirty and my poor husband is so hungry}

{seriously folks - who has time for life with a schedule like this?!}

{3.} I don't think my emotions could handle Olympics year round. Between Missy Franklin's tearful gold medal win - the heartbreaking results of the woman's gymnastics all around trails - the amazing gold medal win of the women's gymnastics team finals - the crushing men's gymnastics team finals - should I keep going? {I haven't even mentioned the recently crowned Olympic god - Mr. Phelps}

{Seriously - this called for the ugly cry - I felt so bad for her and then they showed her mom and I lost it}

{4.} I would hate NBC the Olympics were year round because they air them while I am working and certain folks cannot contain their excitement and blab the results in the middle of the damn day! Seriously NBC - Can I get a tab or something specifically for the Olympics news, so I don't get blasted with the results everytime I go to your main page?

{5.} Continuing on about the idiots who ruin my life by blabbing - I cannot get on Facebook. ever. because some yahoo is professing their undying love for one athlete or another and their most recent accomplishment.

{6.} I don't know if you know this - but NBC is home to the best daytime television ever - Days of Our Lives and if the Olympics were year round - guess who would no longer have a reason to live beacuse her soaps would be canceled? - this girl.


{7.} Lastly, I might be tempted to get a sweet Olypmics tattoo somewhere on my body so I could feel, if only for a second, as cool and accomplished as those lovelies. {And then everyone would be embarrassed to be around me}


If those aren't wonderful reasons to only keep this obsessive, life consuming program to a minimum of every 4 years, then I don't what are.

P.S. - does this medal count for anything? {I may or may not be wearing it around the office}

What are your favorite and least favorite parts of the Olympics!?
- Lindsey Nicole

4 comments:

Erin said...

Hahaha this is all SO true. I have boycotted the news in fear of seeing any result, yet I still somehow get blasted in the face with it. So annoying, I get livid.

Allison said...

hahaha this made me laugh...not days of our lives lol!!!

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

I feel you girl! I cry when I watch the olympics... even if it isn't a us person winning hahaha my word.... haha love it. Love the "olympic" stamp tramp... does it still count as a tramp if its the olympics though?! hahaha

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

p.s. My GFC has been weird, but it let me follow you through it using my twitter... who knew you could do that?! Love it :)